Friday, January 17, 2014

A Little Darker Than Usual



I usually like my caps light-hearted, but once in a while you want something... dark.

Forced surgery is incredibly common in tg fiction, but it's kind of interesting how mundane it can come to seem - at least the usual 'modifications'. Like anything else in a story it's not so much what happens as how it's done, but when one curious friend of mine found out it was a common theme in my books they were aghast. An understandable reaction, really.

Being surgically modified without one's consent is one of the most horrific things that could happen to someone - movies like Saw and Human Centipede ride the same feeling of helpless, permanent transfiguration that's at the heart of a lot transformation erotica (tg and otherwise). Just knowing that you're play-doh to them, that you're a toy designed to be twisted into whatever shape your owner wants - it's the ultimate version of physical submission. A very repellent idea to most people, but it's something that's at the heart of most submissive kink - and this caption. Just like similarly extreme and horrific measures like brainwashing or hypnosis, it's about shattering a person's sense of self. But to me it's not about the pain or the torment or the gritty horror-movie details surrounding the change, but the final and utter submission it results in.

The suffering isn't the point - it's the surrender. So forgive me if it seems like I'm glorifying or fetishizing the wrong thing here, I swear I'll be back to normal soon. :P

1 comment: